Eden Road The Long Road Pinot Noir

Regular price £19.83 Sale

Eden Road The Long Road Pinot Noir

Eden Road The Long Road Pinot Noir is a warm and spicy red wine but it's not a big blockbuster like some of the other Aussie red wines. This is a wine of great refinement and sublime characteristics. It's a superb wine to drink on it's own and is a real delight if served with seared tuna or pink lamb.

Located in Murrumbateman in New South Wales' Canberra Wine District, boutique winery Eden Road was established in 2008 by businessman Chris Coffman and was awarded the most prestigious wine award in Australia - The Jimmy Watson - for its first vintage of The Long Road Shiraz in 2009. Its collection of cool climate wines in a raft of exciting and original styles are highly-prized, and owe much to the soils the vines are planted on which were formed over 400 million years ago and are some of the oldest on the planet.

Vintage

2013 was a perfect vintage, not too hot and not too cold. Across the board, there was great natural acidity yet there was enough sunshine to achieve full ripeness.

Vineyard

The fruit is sourced from two vineyards: a 30 year old vineyard in Maragle, situated at 450 metres above sea level and a 28 year old vineyard in Courabyra, situated at an altitude of 750 metres. The final blend representsa classic expression of Tumbarumba Chardonnay. Both vineyards are cropped at eight tonnes per hectare, with canopy management and balanced yields.

Winemaking

25% of the fruit was whole bunch fermented and the remaining 75% was destemmed. The fermentation took place over 14 days and was then gently pressed to old French barriques, of which 10% were new, for a period of 12 months.

Tasting Note

This is an expressive Pinot Noir that displays intensity and lifted aromas of red cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth acidity and good structure.

Serving Suggestion

Can be served chilled and is a great match for grilled vegetables and vegan paella. 

Grape

Pinot Noir 100%

Country

Australia. Region: South East Australia

Alcohol: 13%.

Body Value: C (A is light, E is full bodied).

Residual Sugar: 0.6.

Contains Sulphites: Yes.

Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes.

Milk/Eggs: No/No.

Organic/Biodynamic No/No.